Friday, April 20, 2012
Creating A Referral Marketing Strategy for your Health Club
I’ve blogged about the importance of referral marketing and strategies for getting the most out of a referral campaign. We know that the idea of creating a referral marketing strategy from scratch, let alone implementing a campaign, can be daunting. But it is important to kick-start the process now. According to the New York Times, 65% of new business comes from referrals.
Here are 5 steps to get you started:
1) Build a list of email contacts. Start building a database of your best customers that includes their email addresses. Email is the best, most effective way to send them referral deals. There are several methods for collecting email addresses. Plugging these emails into a referral system is optimal (I’ll get into this more later)
2) Create a deal for new customers. Your offer should be compelling enough that your customers will want to pass it on to their friends and family. For example, offering 50% off first-time service with your gym is a special offer that will motivate your customers to pass it along.
3) Properly thank your referring customers. Give a real gift, like movie tickets or a gift card to a restaurant, instead of just a discount off your service. This will feel more like the genuine “thank you” that it is rather than an incentive for bringing you a referral, which is not really the motivation.
4) Spread the word. Let your customers know that you have a referral program and don’t be shy about asking them for referrals. If you have a large customer base or are unsure about whom to ask for referrals, start by asking customers who have already given you a positive review. Your clients are more likely to pass on the deal you’re offering to new customers if you make it easy for them to email or print out the deal, or share it on their Facebook pages. it’s important to have a system in place that simplifies the process and keeps it hassle free. Also, don’t forget about the referrer! Follow through on the gift that you promised and make it easy for them to redeem their gift. Email is a great way to get the word out and so is Facebook.
5) Use a structured referral system. The best way to run a consistently referral promotion is to use an automated system. if you don’t already have a system in place to allow your customers an easy way to share passes via social media, I would recommend taking a look at a social media referral system. They are normally inexpensive and offer a great return for the price. I recommendShare your Fit, a system that builds each gym a custom page with all forms of social media integrated in one place, making it easy for your members to send out passes to friends and family. This particular system automates the referral process, taking the pressure off of your sales staff and members while getting your pass in front of hundreds of potential members. For more information on the Share Your Fit referral system visit www.shareyourfit.com/ or call 1-800-378-5841
When The Going Gets TOUGH The Smart Get Help ™
p 214-556-4625 f 214-292-9553 skype jtmanagement